A branch of Nyingma Katok, Nyenlung Monastery in Eastern Tibet, is the main seat of Khandro Tare Lhamo and Namtrul Rinpoche, a modern tantric couple famed for their treasures and pure vision revelations as well as revitalizing DoKham after the Cultural Revolution. Unfortunately, they remain largely unknown in the West.
Tare Lhamo (1938-2002) was an emanation of Yeshe Tsogyal, Sera Khandro and the Golok master, Thra Gelong Tsultrm Dargye. Namtrul Jigme Phuntsok Rinpoche (1944-2010) was an emanation of Namkhai Nyingpo, Apang Terton (Tare Lhamo's father) and a few others. Their life stories include all the elements customary for treasure revealers—prophecies about their manifestation and activities, accounts of their marvelous abilities to benefit the Doctrine and beings, and instructional visions that guided them throughout their lives.
The venerable couple protected all beings, retrieved treasures and offset the negative influences of difficult historical times. Without any sectarianism, they visited countless spiritual centers. including Tsogyal Latso in central Tibet, and granted the ripening and liberating transmissions whenever requested. The current holder of their lineage is Namtrul Rinpoche's son, Tulku Lhaksam Namdak, rebirth of Tare Lhamo's son who died at a young age.
Lama Dechen Yeshe Wangmo is traveling to Nyenlung Monastery this month in the hope of meeting Tulku Lhaksam and receiving transmission for the treasure corpus of Apang Terton, Tare Lhamo and Namtrul Rinpoche.
Lama invites everyone to make a connection with this unique lineage. She will be making an offering on behalf of our Sangha at Nyenlung. (Please note that 10% of donations will be allocated tofunding Lama's expenses.)
- Biography: http://treasuryoflives.org/biographies/view/Fourth-Namkhai-Nyingpo-Namtrul-Jigme-Puntsok/8650
- YouTube: https://youtu.be/BAkoM_VRCt8
- Hagiographies de Taré Lhamo et Namtrul Rinpoché, "uées d’offrandes pour réjouir les dakinis et vidyadharas ", Tulkou Péma Osel Thayé, translated by Jean-Francois Bulliard, Editions Yogi Ling, 2005. Translated into English by Lama Yeshe Wangmo, unpublished.
KHANDRO TARE LHAMO:
- Biography: http://treasuryoflives.org/biographies/view/Khandro-T%C4%81re-Lhamo/TBRC_P6072
- "A Local Saint"reported by Rickard Finney http://www.rfa.org/english/women/saint-02062013125946.html
- Rolmo Interview: https://youtu.be/wt6GpdNolsQ
THE VENERABLE COUPLE:
- "Love Letters from Golok: A Tantric Couple in Modern Tibet." Holly Gayley, November 2016.
TULKU LHAKSAM NAMDAK:
TULKU DO KHYENSTE RINPOCHE (director of Nyenlung for 14 years):
- French website: http://www.tcheulang.org/do-khyentse-rinpoche/
- Photos and videos of Rinpoche's return to Nyenlung in 2014: http://www.tcheulang.org/visite-a-nianlong-juillet-2014/
- About: http://treasuryoflives.org/institution/Nyenlung
- Facebook Phunsok Lang Community (Nyenlung): https://www.facebook.com/362608393779493/photos/?tab=album&album_id=747634198610242