Jnanasukha Scholarships 2017
In 2015, Jnanasukha Foundation created a scholarship program to help individuals further their study and practice in the Nyingma tradition, especially the Dudjom New Treasures (Tersar) and The Dakini Heart Essence (Khandro Thuk Thik).
We welcome applications from around the world.
Awards up to $500 are available twice a year. There are no restrictions on the number of times you may apply or receive an award, however, new qualified applicants will receive priority over repeat applicants.
Applications should be submitted online April 15 - May 31. Scholarships are intended to help defray the cost of tuition and are paid to program organizations, not applicants. They are not awarded for at-home personal retreats, transportation or lodgings.
Candidates may be asked to schedule a video conference to discuss their submission, submit a letter of recommendation from a lineage teacher and/or submit further documentation. Candidates will be notified of awards July 1.
Criteria for Application:
- Scholarships are awarded for attending teaching programs or for personal or group retreats under the guidance of a lineage lama. Preference is given to Nyingma affiliations.
- Awards are sent to sponsoring organizations for tuition and expenses such as lodgings and meals, not to individuals.
- Applicants should ideally have ten years of study and practice experience in Vajrayana Buddhism.
- If less than ten years, completion of a supervised three-year retreat also qualifies.
- Applicants must demonstrate financial need.
Your information will be keep in the strictest confidentiality. Please review our criteria and then complete and submit the online application below. Applications are graded on a point system and evaluated by Lama Dechen Yeshe Wangmo and myself.
Please email if you have questions. I look forward to serving you and your Dharma path.
Rikzin Smith, Scholarship Coordinator email@example.com
Please complete and submit this form only from April 15 - May 31. We will contact you within 15 days to confirm your application and request any clarifications or further documentation. Awards will be announced July 31. This online form does not allow you to save or revise your application. If you would like a copy, please email us.