Jnanasukha Scholarships 2018
In 2015, Jnanasukha Foundation created a scholarship program to help individuals further their study and practice in the Nyingma tradition, especially the Dudjom New Treasures (Tersar) and The Dakini Heart Essence (Khandro Thuk Thik).
Awards up to $500 are available twice a year. There are no restrictions on the number of times you may apply or receive an award, however, new qualified applicants will receive priority over repeat applicants.
- Scholarships are awarded for attending teaching programs or for personal or group retreats under the supervision of a lineage lama. Preference given to Dudjom and Nyingma affiliations. Scholarships are not awarded for at-home personal retreats or expenses such as meals and transportation.
- Scholarship awards are paid to your program's host organization, not to scholarship recipients.
- Applicants ideally have ten years or more experience in Vajrayana.
- If less than ten years, completion of a supervised three-year retreat or three-year retreat in-progress is desirable.
- Applicants must demonstrate financial need.
- Applicants may be asked to schedule a video conference, submit a letter of recommendation from their teacher and/or submit further documentation.
- Applications can be submitted online May 1- June 15 and from September 15 - October 31 .
- Candidates will be notified within ten days if their application is accepted. Awards are announced July 15 and December 1.
Your information will be keep in the strictest confidentiality. Please review our criteria and then complete and submit the online application below. Applications are graded on a point system and evaluated by Lama Dechen Yeshe Wangmo and myself.
Please email if you have questions. I look forward to serving you and your Dharma path.
Rikzin Smith, Scholarship Coordinator email@example.com
online scholarship application
Please complete and submit this form. This online form does not allow you to save or revise your application. If you would like a copy, please email us.